Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Instigator

We only have a few hours left until Daddy returns.  Thank God.  What a long week.  Even though it is now April 2nd, we have had hail, sleet, rain and snow this week with temperatures never above 45 degrees.  So, after being indoors all week the kids are wild.  Driving. Me. Crazy.

Yesterday morning I was laying in bed, it was almost 8 a.m.  I heard Ava get out of bed and instead of coming into our room and climbing in bed with me, she went into Cameron's room.  I laid there listening for the screaming to start, but nothing.  I heard talking. I heard Ava asking Cameron if he wanted some books in his crib and could tell she was tossing them in.  Then Ava came running into my room, told me (in her mature-talk) not to get out of bed because SHE was talking care of Cameron this morning, and everything was going to be 'alright'.  She shut my door and went back to see little Cam.  Next thing I hear is Ava instructing Cameron to jump!  She was telling him, "Cam, put your foot there, step on 'that', jump buddy, jump!!  Try to get out".  I quickly got out of bed, went into his room and saw Cameron jumping up and down, holding onto the side of his crib, and Ava had placed his beanbag chair right underneath the siderail.  So, if he was able to actually make it over the side of the crib (which he never could...I don't think??) he would have a nice soft landing.

Most of the time, Cameron is like a little puppy dog and will do whatever Ava tells him to do.  The funny part about this story is that Ava actually did not want him to get hurt... because probably 90% of the time she is ready to knock him down.  And she tries when I'm not looking.  So, maybe she really loves the little guy and maybe they will be great buddies one day.  I hope so.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment