Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 1

So I'm solo parenting for the next 7 days.  To this date, I've only done about 4 days straight w/o the help of my Mom...I've been pretty fortunate.  I stocked up on milk, OJ, cereal bars, and Lean Cuisine dinners for myself so I can limit trips out of the house with both kids in tow.  I can do this!!  I still have bedtime left tonight which is an exhausting hour, but today has been a pretty uneventful day #1.

Things I can look forward to over the next 7 days:
1.  a less cluttered house (husband takes all of his technical gadgets w/ him on his trips)
2.  no need to cook 'adult' meals
3.  I will spend the days and evenings in my 'house uniform' without feeling guilty


***
Funny comments from preschool today:
 
Ava:  Mommy, Johnny (not his real name) pooped at school today.
Me:  OK...in the potty or in his pants?
Ava:  Well, in the potty, I checked it out.  The teachers were helping him.  He can't wipe himself and he's 5!  I can wipe myself, mommy, I really can if I have to and I'm NOT 5.  (She can not).   There was something in his pants.
Me:  Maybe his pants were dirty.
Ava:  They were.  Mrs. R (teacher) got a bag of clothes out of the closet.  She keeps clothes in her closet in case something happens to the clothes that we are wearing.  She has clothes and panties in her bag.  PANTIES mommy, isn't that silly.  She gave Johnny some new panties to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment