I woke up this morning at 5:30 a.m. to watch the Royal Wedding of William and Kate. I watched Princess Diana get married in 1981, and was actually in Ireland the night she was killed. The following morning, I flew home, connecting through London and in the airport I was able to grab one of the last newspapers with the shocking headlines that she was dead. Hopefully William and Catherine will have a much happier life together than Charles and Diana did.
I DVR'd the wedding so after Ava woke up I played some short clips for her and as always she comes up with some funny stuff. I mentioned to her yesterday that a Prince and Princess were getting married tomorrow and we could watch on TV. "I want to go (to the wedding)" she said. This was immediately followed by one long sentence that included about 4 questions: Where is she? What's her name? Why can't we go see her? I want to give her a kiss. I told Ava her name was Catherine, and she has the same name as her middle name, Ava Katherine. "Huh?" she said. That's a silly name (laughing).
So I showed her the highlights of the wedding this morning after she woke up and she had two comments. When watching the Royal Family on the balcony of Buckingham Palace and noticing all of the confetti flying through the air she says, "What is that in the air? Is that trash? Who's going to pick up all of that trash? That's not good for the earth." And then, while watching the Princes head to the church (rewind) the motorcycles around the Royal car caught her eye. "Mommy, can I get a motorcycle? I won't drive it too fast.". She says nothing about the crown, the beautiful dress, or the palace, she notices motorcycles and trash. I love it :) She cracks me up.
This ends a very LONG day #3.
No comments:
Post a Comment