Ed is gone for 4 days which means I usually don't get a chance to shower until about 9 at night, after the kids are in bed. But after exercising this morning I had to get a quick shower and the kids were just going to have to entertain themselves for 5 really fast minutes. How hard can that be? I can shower super speedy now that I have 2 kids! As always, the second my foot hit the shower floor chaos starts.
Both kids are now in my very small bathroom where there is really only room for 1 adult. Ava has to pee. I told her at least 4 times NOT to flush the toilet until I got out of the shower. Each time I told her NOT to flush she has to ask me 'why?'. I don't know why I even explained myself 4 times, but I did. As she sits on the toilet, she is also yelling at Cameron who is apparently (according to Ava) using something of mine that I "put on my shoulders". "Quick Mommy, he's putting it on his face and belly now". It was my deodorant. Oh well. So now 3 minutes into the shower, I'm almost done, my hair is ready to be rinsed, and Ava flushes the toilet. Burning. Hot. Water.
Our bathroom is very dated so it takes like 4 minutes for the toilet to fill back up, the water is still burning hot, and now Cameron has shut himself out of the bathroom and wants back in. He's knocking on the door and yelling for me. I give up. I can't get myself up in the morning before the kids wake up, so I guess I will stick with my 9 p.m. showering routine for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment