The letter finally arrived, and Ava was 'accepted' into NFS. We are very excited, but at the same time nervous about the cost of private school Hopefully it will all work out. On Sunday we took a family bike ride/walk over to the school and Ava seemed to be excited, although the whole idea of going to Kindergarten NEXT year is a little hard to grasp at 4 at this time.
Cameron's expressive language continues to explode. Everyday there are new words and he is finally putting 2 words together. 'At home' is his favorite 2 word phrase, used when we are out and he wants to go back home. Yesterday we were in the car at an intersection and he pointed to the oil truck beside us and said 'oil'. I was shocked. How did he know that? Receptively, I think he has taken so much in over his 2 years 4 months, and now he is finally starting to let it all out! 'Surprise', 'nothing', 'pash' (trash truck), 'ac-um' (vacuum), and 'nannie' (Deanna the babysitter) are all new this week. 'Pees' (please) is still our favorite...she says it for EVERYTHING and it's completely impossible to resist him in that little voice. He is such a charmer, but he can turn on a dime, throw himself on the floor and scream and cry. I never thought I would have one of those kids. It's very frustrating, and because this must happen 30 times a day, it's also exhausting.
Hopefully today the temperature outside will reach 50 degrees. Spring is nowhere in sight, even though it officially started last week. The kids and I are in much need of some warm summer afternoons.
No comments:
Post a Comment