Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weekend Wrap-up

Still trying to catch up from the weekend at Mimi's.  It was hot, high 80's, low 90's.  Saturday we were invited to a sheep shearing party.  We missed the shearing, but still got to see the sheep. Ava made a few crafts and rode a horse!  Fun!  Cameron covered himself in orange soda and chocolate icing from a cupcake so I had to make a trip out to the car to clean him up...leaving my camera in the car.   I missed the photo op of Ava taking her first horse (not pony) ride.

Grammy Gwen came to visit on Sunday, and then Ava got to spend a little time with cousin Molly on Sunday evening.  Monday was the Strasburg parade. 

They all loved the parade, but Cameron's reactions were priceless.  The parade was about 20-30 minutes long, the perfect length for this age. He sat on the curb, clapped his hands and nodded his head to the beat of the high school band.  He waved to every car, trunk, tractor (it's Lancaster County), and fire truck that went by.  I think he would have sat and watched that parade for hours. 

We went back to Mimi's and the kids cooled off with the sprinkler and water play.  Always a great way to kick off summer.  Finally we headed home to see daddy!!!!  They were so, so, so happy to see him.  One of these days I'll remember to capture their reunion on video.

Here's a little fun with the Instagram app:


No comments:

Post a Comment