Things look like they are off to a great start this Memorial Day weekend. The kids were 'parading' up and down Mimi's backyard today. Ava leading the march of course!
And then an evening walk...hand-in-hand. Too cute.
I can enjoy these photos now because they are in bed! And it's QUIET! We are on day #9 of Ed's very long trip. The first 5 days were good, Mimi was visiting/helping. The next 2 days after she left...hell. Both kiddos seemed to be very tired and missing the routine of our 'normal' family life. They have been at each other nonstop which is why I almost laugh looking at the photo above. Really? Holding hands? I was sure Ava would start to run, *forget* to let go of his hand, and watch him fall to the ground. Maybe she would even drag him along for a foot or two as he screamed 'pop' (he can't stay 'stop' yet). That is what I expected after the last 48 hours with these two.
But, we had an OK day...looking forward to an OK weekend. That's good enough for me at this point. Hurry up Daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment