Thursday, May 19, 2011

Carrots

Both kids are poor eaters.  Cameron's current diet:
orange juice
cereal bars
hot dogs (so bad) 
sliced almonds 
crackers covered in cream cheese (usually he just licks off the cream cheese)

Ava:
buttered noodles
peanut butter sandwiches
frozen waffles
cereal
fruit (Thank God!)
yogurt

I'm always dropping small hints to Ava about the importance of drinking water and eating healthy food to make her bones, muscles, and heart strong.  She loves to hear about this and asks lots of questions.  When she does drink a small cup of water (which is rare) she tells me (immediately after she is done) that she has grown, "can you tell Mommy...I'm bigger, taller, I grew.  My clothes are shorter."

The last 2 days she has requested carrots (gasp) with ranch dip (whatever it takes) as an afternoon snack.  When she is finished eating them she demonstrates to me how fast she can run, how tall she now is, and how large her biceps are.  HAAAA.  I love it.  She's so serious about it too.  Yesterday we went outside after her snack and she ran sprints around the driveway because she had just eaten 5 carrots. She tried to hop on one leg all the way across the driveway but didn't quite make it because "that would probably take 40 carrots Mommy...to make it all the way to the other side."

1 comment:

  1. Hysterical!! Where does she get this! So funny! Clearly she has made the (important) connection that good food=energy and health. Go Mom for that lesson! great post!

    ReplyDelete