Friday, May 13, 2011

Stop the Clock

There are only a few weeks left of preschool and I NEVER thought I would say this but I want time to stand still.  I'm not ready for Ava to go to Kindergarten.  She has been at Breezy Point for the last 3 years I don't want to leave that comfort zone.  I've loved her teachers, the staff, and she has been with a great bunch of kids each year.

Her class has been practicing some special songs for their graduation next month and even though these songs are to be kept 'secret', Ava often sings them to herself when playing around the house.  When I actually listened to the words the other night I started to cry.  "Blast off into the future boys and girls, hold on tight, it will be alright...".

Of course I want her to be more mature and outgrow the meltdowns she still has over the smallest things.  I want her to stop demanding milk out of sippy cups every morning and every night, ride a 2 wheeled bike, and eat 'adult' food so we can go to a restaurant without packing food from home (although this may never change).  But I want her to remain the innocent 4 year old she is today, the one who wants me to hold her when she is tired or upset, and the one who gets so excited over little things like going to the park or bike riding around 'the loop'.

The next couple of weeks will be a roller coaster of emotion until the graduation ceremony.  I think once it's over it will be easier to move forward and get excited for the start for something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment