Saturday, May 21, 2011
Another Long Stretch
Never thought I would see the day when I let one of my kids eat messy food in the car! But he loved every minute of it. He was literally eating it off of the seat. Ed left today for a 10 day trip so last night we ordered pizza and then took them to Rita's for ice cream. Ava's favorite thing to do! Mimi will be here later today to help for the next 4 days Unfortunately, they have been fighting so much in the last week (mainly Ava agitating Cameron until he gets really pissed) that I would lose my mind without her help.
The physical demands of caring for the kids by myself are getting easier as they get older, but I feel like the emotional end of it becomes much more difficult every time Ed leaves. Ava never verbally expressed how she felt when Ed would leave until about 9-10 months ago when she finally would say, "please don't go daddy" or "I miss daddy (after he left)". But as early as 2 she was well aware that he was gone and it showed in her behavior. I would ask her what was wrong and she would never admit that she missed him (but she did).
Cameron, on the other hand, will whimper for 'doddy' quite often throughout the day whether Ed is at the office or away on a trip. And he started this about 4 months ago as soon as he could say the word. He will stick out his pouty lip when you ask if he misses daddy, and sadly nod his head 'yes'. He's my little drama queen, but I love it. Here's to the next 10 days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment