Ed returned home from his trip last week only to be given a new name from Cameron. Both Cameron and Ava give you a nanosecond to answer to their needs or they repeat themselves over and over, increasing their volume until I usually holler "WHAT?". Ed is slower at responding to them and he seems to be much better at tuning them out. I'd love to know how to do that. Anyhow, I think Ed was home all of an hour or two and Cameron decided "daddy" wasn't answering to his demands fast enough so we went right for the first name, "ED!!" It's so funny to hear it come from a 2 1/2 year old and he says it very matter-of-factly. I guess he hears me use that name all the time (or so Ed says) so he picked it right up. Until last week, I had forgotten that Ava also referred to her daddy by his first name around this age but we squashed it quickly. She continued to do it out of spite for a few months and then moved on to some other annoying behavior when she wanted our attention.
I think that the not-so-acceptable-behavior from the second child seems to get more laughs and less reprimanding from us than that of the first child. Ava has worn me down over the last few years, I have little energy left...lucky for Cameron I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment