Saturday, June 30, 2012

Summer Vacation: Week 2

The kids started Little Buds Day Camp this week.  Cameron goes to camp from 9-11:30, and Ava is all day.  On Monday both were super excited to go and both very happy when I picked them up!  I was shocked how exited Cameron was, he told me at pick-up, "I had fun!!" and then we picked up Ava later in the afternoon and he announced the same thing again to her when she got into the car.  It was super cute how they compared their camp days on the car ride home.

Wednesday when it was time to go back, it was a whole different story.  Cameron screamed on the ride to camp, clinging to the car seat as I tried to drop him off.  I felt horrible!  He was clearly having a bad day.  He survived w/ blankie in hand but when I picked him up the said, "I'm not very happy!".  I took them to the new self serve yogart store after camp, they loved it.  Of course they could not finish their ice cream without a huge fight in the store.  SO ANNOYING!



Thursday was a beach day!  Ava woke up with her 2nd tooth hanging by a tread.  She was really fussed up by it and the tooth was literally sideways in her mouth.  I had to pull it....YUCK!  It came right out with a little blood and surprisingly she did not freak out.  I guess there is still lots of excitement with loosing teeth that it overrides the drama.



 After the tooth was gone, we packed up and headed to Belmar.  Neighbor Sharon went with us which was a huge help!  The weather was hot, water was warm, Cameron loved the water after a 45 minute 'warm-up' and the kids were well behaved in the car.  We had a great day! 






No comments:

Post a Comment