Daddy was away, as usual, over Memorial Day weekend. The kids and I stayed home. We spent Sunday afternoon at a friends house drying laundry! Monday I took the kids to the local parade. They love parades and REALLY love when they throw out the candy! Ava goes crazy!
It was a hot day, so after the parade I told them I would take them to the pool for an hour. I never did the pool on my own with both kids. Last year at the end of the summer, Cameron would still not get in, but Ava is a complete fish. I preached to Ava over and over before we left that she had to stay with me and would not be able to swim in the 5 foot section (where she can jump and dive in from the side) because I would have to be watching Cameron and he would not be getting in.
What a SWEET surprise. Cameron loved the pool. It was busy, lots of loud music by the DJ, and a few NFS friends there for Ava to play with. The water was really warm...huge bonus for me! We ended up staying for 2.5 hours. Cameron was in the pool the entire time, he even stood in the 2.5 ft section of the pool while holding onto the side. Ava played with her classmate the entire time in the swallow area where I was able to keep my eye on her. Cameron even peed in the potty at the pool. All around an awesome day!
No comments:
Post a Comment