So we are almost done with the first full week of summer vacation. Ava went to tennis camp 3 mornings this week and seemed to enjoy it. I picked the days that tennis camp offers arts and crafts instead of music. She told me she LOVED the projects they worked on but doesn't like the tennis part of TENNIS camp :) Oh well. I'm still amazed how she goes into a camp, not knowing any other campers, w/o crying or having over the top anxiety. As a child I don't think I would have ever gone to camp alone like she does. I'm really impressed.
The last 2 days the weather was in the high 90's, so we went to the pool 3 days this week. The pool is really working out well which is another surprise for me. Yesterday Ava's school friend was there and we spent 3 hours swimming and playing. The girls were off on their own (with supervision) hooping from pool to pool and breaking for water ice. Cameron was content too. He now will stand in the 2 1/2 ft section which is almost to his chin, but he'll stand on his own and practice bobbing up and down. A step in the right direction...now if he would cooperate for swim lessons life at the pool would be GREAT :) The best day at the pool this week was when daddy met us there after work. We went late, after Cam's nap...did not need sunscreen...the pool was not crowded....and then we grabbed pizza on the way home. The kids loved this 'late' night out.
I'm SO missing my 2 hours to myself during the week, but I'm happy to swap it out with the happy afternoons at the pool...it just better continue :)
No comments:
Post a Comment