Monday, July 9, 2012

Week 3 of Summer Vacation

This was the 2nd week of Little Buds camp but the kids only went 2 days due to the 4th of July Holiday falling in the middle of the week.  Poor planning on my part.  Cameron was teary at send-off both morning and was very happy on Friday when I told him he does not have to go back.  Ava cried when I picked her up Friday afternoon because she really enjoyed it and wants to see her counselors again.  This week was HOT, temps in the high 90's, hitting 100 by Friday into Saturday.  We went to Mimi's house Friday night (daddy's in Paris...lucky him) and I had a birthday party to attend in Annapolis Saturday night.  The party was a blast, 24 hour road trip with a great friend and a small birthday party at a yummy restaurant.  We laughed for hours, my face hurt.  A great break from solo parenting!

The biggest news/achievement I forgot to mention last week is that Ava passed her swim test at the pool!  This test is a must if you want to jump off of the low dive which she was itching to do!  She had to jump into the 5 ft section, swim down to the ropes, touch the ropes, turn around, swim 1/2 way back, stop and dive down and touch the bottom of the pool (in 5 ft!) and then swim back to the edge.  I did not think she was ready for the challenge so her and daddy practiced it and she did it twice in a row for him!  I told her maybe she should wait until the following day to take the test, she looked tired.  But there was NO waiting for her!  She passed it on the first try.  I'm so proud of her.  This is what she loves to do now:


One funny Cameron story, although there are many lately.  Ed took him to the bathroom at the pool.  Apparently he prefers the Ladies room.  When he came back out he was pouting so I asked what was wrong.  He said, "Daddy took me to the wrong bathroom!".  I said, "No buddy, that's the right bathroom, that is the men's bathroom.".  And he screams, "I'M NOT A MAN, I'M A BOY, I want to go in the other bathroom!".

No comments:

Post a Comment