Three more weeks left of school and I feel like I'm the only parent dreading summer. Summer for a stay-at-home parent with 2 small kids in my opinion, not so wonderful. Last week I ran into an old co-worker at the gym who now has 3 kids under 6! I asked if her children were going to summer camp and she said, "I'm not sure, I really want to keep them home with me this summer. They are so small and will grow up too fast and then they will not want me around at that point." OK, seriously? She has to be on medication because I sure as hell don't feel that way. Why do I just suck at this job?
We have joined a pool for the summer, signed Ava up for at least 4 weeks of summer camp at this point, and Cam is going for 2 weeks, 1/2 days. In my opinion, that is really not enough. I'm also interviewing babysitters, because even though Ava is at camp several weeks, I need time away from little man. Is this crazy? It is costing us a small fortune. Why can't I enjoy them at home? I guess because I don't have those types of kids? Is that it? They fight continuously, Ava needs constant stimulation, and most of it is physical. Biking, running, swinging, going for multiple walks in the neighborhood, swimming...I can't keep that up all day long.
These last few days are probably a taste of what my summer will be like. Today is the 11th day w/o daddy. He comes home tomorrow night. This has been the most difficult 12 day stretch yet and I had help for 5 days. The kids are more independent so I expected this to get easier, but it seems to be getting harder. It was also complicated with Ava having another canker sore in her mouth. She is impossible to deal with when she gets these. I know they hurt and it's frustrating when everything you try to eat makes it burn. But she completely falls apart. What a mess. Ed will be traveling practically the entire month of August and then another 12 day trip the beginning of September. If I'm still in one piece by the end of this summer it will be a miracle.
No comments:
Post a Comment