Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Bad Bug

Here is a quick update on the last 10 days.  Not so good.  I just said to E 2 weeks ago how our family has avoided the dreaded stomach bug for, well, EVER.  We never had it.  I've heard the stories of entire families puking, all sick at once, but not us.  We are the healthy ones :)  Oh my...

Last Monday night, Cam wasn't feeling well in the evening, I think he had a fever, I don't really remember.  He woke up in the middle of the night with a very messy diaper but I didn't have to change sheets (YES!) just his pjs, I gave him some water and he laid down his head, back in bed.  Then he sat back up and projectile vomited all over his bed!  Like 3 times.  I sat and stared at him in shock b/c I didn't even know what to do.  In 5 years, 7 months of parenting, no child has thrown up!  Poor kid, he had NO idea what was happening, he was crying and telling me "I'm burping, help me, it's burps". 

No more gross details, just all downhill from there.  He laid around the house through Friday, not eating and barely drinking, on the verge of dehydration.  No more puking but so much of the other stuff.  I ended up just throwing out his pants, I could not deal w/ washing out that stuff.  I didn't even know where to start.  By Saturday he seemed to be coming around.  I went to the market Saturday morning, stocked up on yummy food and a good seafood dinner for Saturday night for E and I.  Came home, sat down, feeling a little tired, and within 2 hours the puking started.  For the next 48 hours, ice chips would not stay down!  The muscle aches and head throbbing were HORRIBLE, along with the pain of puking w/ nothing in your stomach.  I wanted to die.  5 days later and I'm still not on a regular diet and don't have my energy back, but I can take care of the kids and the house.  It was some miracle that this happened when E was not traveling.  The kids would have had to fend for themselves.  The stomach bug, Norovirus...whatever it was...it better never come back.

We're all feeling better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment