Cameron said he was ready to take swimming lessons! We all went swimming 2 weeks ago on a Sunday night. I was sure Cameron would like it for all of 5 minutes, and then whine the rest of the time. But he loved it! We were all in the pool for probably 30-40 minutes, no complaints.
So we tried swim lessons with Mrs. M. Ava loves her and takes lessons every Monday afternoon. Cam goes along to watch. He was ready to swim this time! We met Mrs. M on the pool deck, and she said, 'Are you ready?' and he took a big hop and yelled, 'YEP!'. The next question she asked was does he have goggles? Oops. I forgot she likes her students to have goggles and a swim cap from the get-go. No problem she said, we can just use Ava's PINK goggles. Not a good move. I love Mrs. M., but she is not exactly someone who probably coddles her students which is how Cameron prefers to be treated :). She slapped those pink goggles on his face and it was all over.
He got in the water, I tried not to watch because I knew it wasn't going well. 5 minutes later she returned him to me. "Three minutes of constant 'mama' is about all I can take", Mrs. M. said. Really?. It almost sounds like a cruel thing to say about a student, but it was rather funny at that moment. Please though, 3 minutes? He repeats the same thing over and over to me ALL. DAY. LONG.
So his homework is to get some goggles and wear them in the tub. Practice. And we'll try again in another month (or year!)
No comments:
Post a Comment