Monday, February 13, 2012

T.G.I.M.

So, Thank God it's Monday.  I never thought I would say that, until now.  But lately, I can't take the weekends. On average I think E is home two weekends a month.  So all of those house 'projects' get crammed into the weekends along with kids birthday parties to attend, and random errands to run.  And then there is my attempt to do a fun weekend family activity (swimming, ice skating...whatever). 

This is what usually happens.  The house 'projects' take all day, mainly because the kids constantly interrupt, fight, have some non-emergency that needs taken care of  RIGHT NOW, and/or we don't have the necessary things to complete the project and now we have to run MORE errands.  Birthday parties (we've had at least 4 in the last 2 months) take up 3 hours of an afternoon.  One parent attends the party, usually with Ava, while the other one sits at home while Cameron naps...getting nothing done.  The house is trashed by Sunday, the kids are bored and grumpy, and more often than not, we don't get in that family activity I envisioned us doing earlier in the week.  It is true that this is partly because of the weather.  Over the summer we always made time for the pool on weekends, or could get out for bike rides and just general outdoor play.  It's just much more difficult to get motivated in the winter for outdoor play.  Come on Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment