Cam's stomach bug dragged out for almost 2 weeks. The worst was over in a week, but last week he was not himself and cried about EVERYTHING. Now that I know he is feeling better the crying has not really stopped. Transitioning from one activity to the next seems to be the worst. Playing to diaper changing, from playing to leaving for school, from playing to leaving the house for just about any reason, he screams, cries, yells. I always have to carry his limp body out of the house if we need to leave the house because he refuses to get off of the floor. It's SO frustrating.
I give him the 5 minute warning that we will be switching gears. Sometimes the meltdowns start with the warning, sometimes he seems perfectly fine with what's coming next...but that happy Cameron doesn't stay happy for long. It's some 3 year old thing, I'm sure. It won't last, but right now it's exhausting. Who wants to lug a 30 lb-er to the car at 8 a.m. every morning while he screams at the top of his lungs and screams in the car for the next 10 minutes while we drop Ava off at Kindergarten.
As for the potty...still nothing. Today while he was playing with a slightly older boy during Ava's swim lesson, he looked at me and said something about getting big boy undies and peeing in the potty. I have no idea what inspired him...but I need to buy those undies!
No comments:
Post a Comment