It's January 23rd and we FINALLY had our first snow on Saturday (the 21st). It was like Christmas morning here. Cam came downstairs, played with his train for about 3-4 minutes and then realized everything outside was covered in snow! The rest of us were still upstairs. I hear, "IT SNOWED MOMMY, SNOW, IT'S SNOOOOWING!!!". He ran upstairs, so excited. We were all dressed and outside sledding by 8 a.m. (yikes!). No coffee, no breakfast..a little rough...but how can you say 'no'...especially when they have been waiting for this moment for 2 months now...and we live on a great sledding hill!
Conditions were perfect for these guys. 2-ish inches of snow with an ice crust on top for a little extra speed. Cameron did an awesome job, he LOVED sledding. And another first for us (YES, YES, YES!!) they went down and came back UP the hill without help, even the big hill in the back. It was only a few times, but last year Ava wanted us to pull her up the hill in the sled (exhausting) and if she had to walk she whined the whole time. Not this time...
I love snow, I think the kids do too. I grew up on a big hill and I feel like we always had friends and family over sledding and they are some of my favorite memories from childhood! I want that tradition to continue here for our family. We are putting in a fire pit this spring so next season we will be ready. Sledding, s'mores, friends...I'm so excited. Now all we need is the snow. Bring it!
No comments:
Post a Comment