I never make New Year's resolutions, for no reason other than...I just don't do it. But after the holidays were over I have decided we need to do more family stuff together this year that does not involve staying at home. I have had this list in my head of things I want to do with Ava this winter. Ice skating, snow tubing, and hopefully get her on skis for the first time. But I always shy away from these family outings because Cameron is still too little to drag along, or so I think. And taking my two relatively small kids out of their element requires lots of prep and patience on my end. But we need to do more of it.
So...yesterday we took the kids ice skating. Cameron was really too small to go, but I wanted to see Ava skate for the first time because I knew she would love it, so we took him along AND put him on skates. As assumed, there were meltdowns before we even left the house over what clothing Ava would wear. I guess due to the recent warm weather we've had she thought she could skate in tights and a summer shirt because she was adamant that she would not fall down on the ice and get wet. **SIGH**
Cameron probably did a little better then expected as far as his attitude. I held him up for 3 laps around the rink...I think he was even smiling at one point, and between lap 1 and 2 he got to watch the Zamboni clean the ice...his favorite part! He whined only for the last 20 minutes while we waited for daddy and Ava to finish up.
Ava really liked it. She already wants to go again. She did a great job for her first time!



Excellent! So glad you WENT! We went last year. Over Christmas break. I have to tell you that I literally had tears in my eyes- it hurt so badly to hold Wyeth up! I joined the gym two weeks later! Ava looks like a confident natural out there!! Good for you guys!
ReplyDelete