I'm single parenting for the week. I think this is only my 2nd or 3rd week ever attempting it w/o the help of my mom. As expected, E left Sunday morning and Sunday after nap Cam work up with a 100.6 fever and Ava was suffering from a bad cold (which she denied she had). So, not a good start. By last night I had a full blown cold and low-grade fever. I tried to lay on the sofa, but as soon as I become horizontal someone needs something NOW...RIGHT NOW. I slept a total of 2 hours last night so not looking forward to this evening when the fighting between the kids seems to escalate and my patience is shot.
I did, however, get over my guilt of leaving the kids at school past 'school hours' and signed Cam up for Lunch Bunch 2 days this week (and extra hour to myself each day) and Ava will stay at extended care today after school. She gets to play with friends for an extra hour, Cam gets to extend his nap, and I enjoy the quiet before the storm. Gotta use my resources and I think it's a win-win for all of us. 2 more days!
No comments:
Post a Comment