Monday, January 2, 2012

Back to School!

Both kids went back to school today.  Hallelujah.  Ava had a 16 day break (yikes!) and Cam had probably 9 days off.  They completely wore me out over Christmas break.  Cam did a great job napping, but Ava needs constant attention.  Right now Cameron will ASK to go up and take a nap.  He tells me he's tired, we read a few books, sing a song, and he's out for 2-3 hours!  Awesome.  Anyhow, Ava's first day back to school was an adjustment, she was exhausted when she came home.  She melted down w/in minutes over nothing.  She then preceded to trip and fall twice in the house and then fell off the bar stool at dinner, all resulting in a lot more tears.  I don't know if she is going through some awkward phase, or just SO, so tired she could not get it together.  All I know is I'm so happy to be back into our normal routine.

New Year's Eve day I took Ava to a local museum where we met up with a few friends.  Spent an hour or more exploring, then went for pizza.  This was a great morning.  Here she is with Clifford.


New Year's Eve we went to the Farsiou's house for dinner.  The kids played so well together, all four of them, that the adults were actually able to have a sit-down dinner in their dining room!  Shocker!  Of course we were surrounded by kids playing, but I think I finished my meal without ever having to get up from the table once.  I left their house thinking maybe there is hope that we can take our kids out and actually enjoy the night.  It was a great time.  Cameron walked to the car and said, "that was lots of fun!". 


We spent NY day with E's brother and family.  The kids had yet another fun day, playing with their cousins.  Both were asleep in the car within 5 minutes into our drive home.  So, WOW...what a long month of Holiday 'stuff' but it's over and it ended on a great note.  I hope we have more New Year's weekends in our future...because maybe, just maybe, things are gonna get a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment