We never sit down for family dinners together. It's sad, but it's almost impossible to do. Daddy doesn't get home until 6:45 p.m. at the earliest and the kids eat by 5:30. It's just the way it is and it can't change. But...we also didn't really have a place for us to all sit down together on those occasional weekend pizza nights. Our old kitchen table was too small for daddy to fit without his knees hitting underneath. So, we added on to the kitchen island and now have a place for all four (or three) of us to sit down together. It. Is. Wonderful. On SO many levels it is wonderful.
We all sit down together in the morning, daddy and mommy with coffee, kids with cereal and cereal bars :), Cam and I eat lunch together (as pictured above...hehe), and I sit DOWN with the kids while they eat dinner. The prior arrangement was bad...I stood in the kitchen, Ava sat at the bar, and Cam sat in his highchair between the kitchen/living area, all in front of the TV, for every meal. I walked back and forth between the kids catering to their food demands. UGH.
The kids love it now, they giggle when we are all sitting together. When I sit down with Cameron to eat he says, "Are you hungry too Mommy??". He was always too busy watching TV from his highchair in the middle of the room he probably never realized I even ate a meal.

No comments:
Post a Comment