What a week. We have never had so much illness in this family all packed into one week. The first trip to the ER was last Thursday when Ava caught her pinky in the hinge part of the door while using the bathroom at school. She was in a LOT of pain. The x-ray was negative for a crush injury but she was a wreck...and I'm sure it really hurt!
The following day she got an ulcer in her mouth so EVERYTHING she tried to eat hurt, which made her angry. Then the croup showed up, followed by the 104 fever. After another doctor appointment and 2 long nights sitting in the steam shower, she went back to school Tuesday. Tuesday afternoon she came home from school with a fever AGAIN and both eyes draining goop. Ahhhh....
Tuesday night the coughing and eye goop were so bad we went to the ER at midnight. After a neutralizer treatment and chest x-ray they determined she had the start of pneumonia. Home from school again the following day. Poor girl looked like a train hit her. All 3 of us took a long 2 hour afternoon nap only to have Cameron wake up from his nap with a 102 fever. And then he puked! My kids don't throw up. Cameron has never thrown up, and Ava puked once as an infant, and I still consider that episode more of baby spit-up! Somehow, with all of the other challenges I have with my kids, I was blessed with the fact they I've never had to deal with puke and diarrhea! A day later he seems to be better, he tells me he is 'all better now Mommy'.
Fingers crossed for a healthy few weeks now. We deserve it!
Oh my gosh, patty! That is a horrible, horrible week! I so feel for you! Fingers crossed that both stay rested and stable here for at least a month! Wow...no words...just...wow.
ReplyDelete