Saturday, November 12, 2011

I'm not the only one...

Friday morning I finally got to volunteer at school for the first time since Ava started school 3 years ago.   I unpacked books for the upcoming book fair next week.  I was never able to help out in her classrooms because I always had Cameron in tow.  But now that he is in school 3 mornings a week I can TRY to help out.

When Cameron started school this fall I had visions of spending 3 mornings a week working on some house projects that need to be done (painting, sanding), getting to the gym and trying to lose some more of this baby weight, and maybe just relaxing, ALONE in a quiet house for an hour.  I really only have 2 hours to get anything done (including a shower) but I thought it would be possible.  Well...it is the second week in November and I've had maybe 2 mornings since September where I did not have something scheduled during my 'free' time.  It is crazy.  I'm not complaining, I like to be busy, but I never thought I'd be this busy with an almost 3 and 5 year old.  Ava's new school keeps me on my toes, trying to figure out all of the 'procedures' for signing up for this, bringing in that...baking for fall fests and fairs.  Last Thursday night we were decorating a paper turkey for Cameron's class, then making a family collage for Ava's class at 7 p.m.  It's all good...I was happy to talk to another Kindergarten mom while unpacking books who also has a 3 year old and is wondering where her 'free' time is.  She too feels the 'craziness' of starting a new school and keeping everything organized.

One nice thing (for me) is Ava was only invited to 1 birthday party since the start of school.  Several children have had birthdays in her class, but I'm assuming did not have the big-ass birthday bash that EVERYONE in preschool had.  Cameron has been invited to 3 parties since school started and I took him to his first one last week.  That will be the last for the year I think. He is not ready.  He laid on the floor, sucked his thumb, and was the least bit interested.  They don't get it at three.  It's SO ridiculous.  In his defense though, he did have a fever that night and was sick for the rest of the week...so maybe he wasn't feeling too hot...but still :)

So that's life right now...busy, busy

No comments:

Post a Comment