We had a very full weekend. I decided to go on my first roadtrip with Ava. I felt she was in desperate need of one-on-one attention from me, plus the thought of being alone with the kids for another weekend was not an option. So...since daddy was working in Baltimore through the weekend I thought that would be a great first trip for the two of us to take.
We headed to Mimi's after school on Friday to drop Cameron off for the night. On our drive out to Lancaster we followed two hot air balloons for the last 10 minutes of the drive, only to have one of them land across the street from Mimi's house right after we arrived. Exciting for the kids to see. Cam loved the 'fire', but at the same time, hated the loud noise it made, plugging his ears like he always does :)
Ava and I drove to Baltimore, she was very excited about the hotel room, asking if there will be a potty there, lots of other funny questions. It's only her 2nd time in a hotel, first time was last year at Disney which she apparently forgot about. We met daddy and went out for dinner. The next morning Ava and I ordered room service for breakfast which was another exciting thing, HOWEVER, she had a very sore ulcer in her mouth and by this point could hardly eat a thing w/o pain. So, her mood started to deteriorate quickly.
I took her to the Baltimore Aquarium where we spent several hours exploring, watching a dolphin show, and getting in some Halloween arts and crafts.
When we left the aquarium the weather was rainy and 34 degrees! Horrible. Not normal for October. We spent the rest of the afternoon at the hotel pool which she loved.
We planned to leave Saturday afternoon after daddy was finished working. But after calling home to check on Mimi and Cameron we found out they had no power, and blizzard like conditions with several inches of snow on the ground! Crazy! We stayed another night, only to have Ava wake up about 2 a.m. coughing like a seal...CROUP! Seems to happen every year with her. Rough night, then tired morning for all, and drove back to Mimi's to see several inches of snow...IN OCTOBER!
Poor Ava...still sick but feeling a little better. No school today, but made it out for Trick or Treating tonight. There was NO way she was missing that!
Not the best 1st Mommy-Daughter get-away. I really hope it was just the ulcer AND the croup that made it...well...pretty miserable for all at times. It will get better, it has to :)
No comments:
Post a Comment