New schools. New germs. Wow...it didn't take us long to get sick this school year! Ava did not feel well over the weekend, but she bounced back very quickly like she always does and went to school today. Cameron did not make out so well. He barely slept at all last night, his nose was completely stuffed up and he was unable to suck his thumb which I think was his biggest frustration! So, he had to miss school today. It's only his 2nd week of school! I think in 3 years of preschool, Ava missed maybe 2 days. She never gets sick, she never admits shes sick either. Anyhow, spending all night awake with a sick child is all new to me, and I'm not a fan of missing my sleep. I see big naps coming this afternoon.
School update so far is that Ava LOVES it. She's happy to go in the morning and for the most part, happy when I pick her up. She finally had her after-school-I'm-so-tired meltdown toward the end of last week. I'm surprised it took her that long to fall apart. It was expected. She is still talking swim lessons on Mondays after school, and tennis on Sunday mornings. This week she will start an after school club on Thursdays which will be an hour of arts and crafts. That's right up her alley.
Cameron has 3 days of preschool under his belt. He was excited to go each day last week and VERY happy to see me when I picked him up. He does not cry at school, I'm told, but he sadly asks for 'mommy' during transition time.
Hoping for long naps today, a much better night tonight...and no more colds!
No comments:
Post a Comment