Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Great Start

Two days of Kindergarten under her belt and she is so happy.  Ava never says much but I can tell she loves being back in school.  She was so excited the first morning.  We woke her up at 7 a.m... for some odd reason both kids have decided to sleep until 8 or 8:30 a.m. for the last 2 weeks prior to the start of school!  But she got right up, dressed herself, drank her milk and put on her raincoat and backpack and was ready to go.  I can only hope the morning enthusiasm continues, but you know it just won't last.  Cameron was sad to see her leave and as we were getting ready for carpool dropoff he whined, 'Ava, I miss you...miss Ava!'

Inside pictures because it was POURING rain on her first day.  Cameron not so cooperative for morning photos. :)




Highlights:

Day #1:  She told me the class watched a show, with a stage, but no one performed (translated- a school welcome back assembly!).  She told us there was a pet lizard in the room and he had a blue tongue and she also told us that only 1 of the 3 other girls in her class would play with her.  Oh well...it's only day #1, I encouraged her to make other friends, even with the boys.

Day #2:  Ava informed me that kissing is NOT allowed in the classroom!  OK...I did encourage her to make some new 'boy' friends.  Oops.  Her new friend Benjamin was trying to kiss her, apparently, and the teacher put a stop to that, Thank God.  She then told me that they tickled each other instead.  SIGH.  The 2 girls that apparently excluded her from play yesterday included her in their play today which made her label day #2 a 'special day'.  I won't do well with girl drama...not looking forward to it at all. 

All in all a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment