Today was Cameron's first day of preschool. I was certain he would refuse to go, but he was actually excited to go to HIS 'stool' (as he calls it). The meet-the-teacher day didn't so go well last week. He went into the classroom, found the toy trains immediately, and had a major screaming meltdown when it was time to leave 25 minutes later. The meet-and-greet was only 30 minutes. That's all it needs to be. So, I carried him away kicking and crying as all of the other parents looked at us and just smiled...but we all know what they were thinking!
Here is Cameron last night, testing out the backpack.
Here he was this morning, ready to go!
He looked SO little walking into the class this morning, I don't really think he had any idea what he was doing there, he just knew there were trains inside and that was all that mattered. Apparently he did cry briefly when he first arrived and was asking for me...BOO HOO! And then he was close to tears towards the end, again asking for his Mommy! Breaks my heart.
I picked him up, he ran right to me yelling 'Mommy, Mommy...Mommy miss you, miss you!!!" But in the car on the way home he was so happy and answered all of my questions about snack time and the playground. He seemed to be proud of himself that he went to school! He ate a great lunch and was talking more than I've ever heard him talk before. Maybe school is a good thing for him. Just keeping my fingers crossed I don't have to drag him there, kicking and screaming.
No comments:
Post a Comment