It's July already! Haven't had much to write about in the last two weeks. Since school has ended we have been filling up the week with playdates, a few trips to the pool, and a weekend at Mimi's house. Mimi and I took the kids to Dutch Wonderland for a few hours last Saturday night. Note to self: not the best time to take a 2 and 4 year old to the park...morning would be much better. But it worked.
Here is Cameron in pure HEAVEN. He even wore his digger t-shirt for the occasion!
He refused to get off after the first ride...REFUSED! So the nice ride operator let him stay in the dozer and ride again. I think he rode this a total of 4-5 times. This was a repeating pattern on every ride. He didn't really understand the whole ride, get off, get back in line, and ride again thing. So I got lots of stares as I carried him away from the dozers, the train, the airplanes, kicking, crying and SCREAMING. He can scream very loud.
He rode the train about 5 times. This was where I really wished I had videoed him. We walked into DW and got right on the train. I don't think it really even occurred to him what we were actually doing there (riding fun things!). When that train started up he was overwhelmed, he didn't say a word, but you could tell he was amazed and so happy. "Fun!" he yelled when we got off, along with tears when he realized we had to get back in line.
Ava rode her first big roller coaster and smiled the whole time. I knew she would like it but I thought she would show some fear. Not a drop. There was a time when I could ride roller coasters over and over, but now it's once and done for me. Lucky for me it was the end of the night so we only had a chance to ride it once.
Ed and I got away over the weekend for 24 hours. He was working in Hershey so we spent some relaxing time at the Chocolate Spa and had dinner later that evening. Nana and Pop-pop are now visiting for a few days, we have a busy July 4th weekend, then Ava's camps start next week. YEAH!!!!! Can't wait for that...even if it is only a few hours in the morning. ANYTHING will help at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment