Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Barbie

I'm solo parenting for the next few days so tonight I had to take both kids out to Target to get a few things.  I stupidly promised them I would buy each a toy if they both behaved (whatever it takes).  Cameron picked a new train and Ava wanted a Barbie doll. 

Until this point, Ava has no Barbies, nor has she ever asked for them, which is perfectly fine with me.  She chose Wedding Barbie (or Bride Barbie, whatever she is) and she came with a ring for Ava and pink platform heels that took me 10 minutes to get on that skinny little doll. 

I cringed when she picked out this new toy because Barbie's image is so widely criticized.  But the bottom line with Ava is this...97% of her toys get tossed to the wayside within days...she loses interest fast.  And this will happen with Barbie too.  She won't obsess over Barbie or want to look like her, it just won't happen.  So, I need to let her pick her toys and cross my fingers that I'm right on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment