Monday, July 25, 2011
Avalon 2011
Just returned from another yearly vacation in Avalon. It will always be my favorite place to vacation, but this year was tough. I could not wait to come home. We went with my sister and her family, my mom, and my aunt. Rented a great house on 67th street, not as fabulous as last year's house, but it was very nice. Ava and Cameron were supposed to share a room with twin beds. I anticipated problems with them getting to sleep, but after only 4 hours into the first night I realized it would never work. Ava fell out of bed and ended up with cuts on her upper AND lower lips. Cameron cried during the commotion, Ava become more upset because Cameron was crying...and that was pretty much how the rest of the week went. Unless Ava was on the beach or boogie boarding in the surf, she was miserable. Her lips were very sore all week which made it hard for her to eat and they would sting in the salt water. Thank God she was content on the beach for hours!
Cameron did not like the beach the first 2 days, requesting to 'go home' about 200 times after the first 10 minutes, but by the end of the week he was jumping little waves and digging in the wet sand. He spent lots of time at the house playing with tractors and a new train I brought along. Best thing I ever brought to the beach!
The weather was wonderful the first few days, almost cool on the beach and chilly at night. Then 2 days of heavy fog, and the last 2 days were record highs in the high 90's, over 100 at home. HOT.
The last night...there was some peace. Both kiddos were so tired, Ava way more than Cameron since he did a great job of napping, and for the most part, sleeping through the night. He woke up so happy in the morning, sitting up in his bed announcing 'morning!!!' to Mimi, his roommate. But so many things need to change for me to want to take another family vacation. There was too much work-work going on and not enough sleep for child #1. I'm sure we'll go back again, but I'm not making any plans now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment