There are 39 more days until Kindergarten starts. I. Can't. Wait. Ava will turn 5 on Saturday. Right around her 3rd birthday, and then again on her 4th birthday she took a 180 when it came to her willingness to cooperate, her attitude, and her overall personality. It was like she realized she was now a year older and needed to act more mature, like an 'older' girl. But not this year, at least not yet. There are still 2 days for this change to occur, but I'm not holding my breath.
She is very excited for her birthday. We are celebrating with the family and cousins on Sunday, and on her actual birthday we will spend the afternoon at the pool eating pizza and ice cream with one of her BFF's and her family. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we can make it through the weekend without any major breakdowns or battles.
Cooking camp seemed to be a hit this week. Ava told me she is now "quite the little cooker". They made smoothies, jelly and peanut butter, brownies, scones, ice cream and waffles. Yum.
Big stuff for you guys! This is a hard transition! So glad that she had fun celebrating! Sorry we missed the whole thing. Where is summer going? I hope to catch up with you sometime soon. Seems it is a little rough going these summer days!
ReplyDelete