Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Special Time

On Monday nights Ed (if he is in town) and I go to spinning class together and the neighbor Deanna (Cameron calls her 'Nannie') babysits.  Nannie puts the kids to bed for me and it is SO nice to have a break one day a week from the whole bedtime routine. 

Ava is always asleep when I get home at 8:20, but Cameron is not.  And lately he has been staying up past 9 with Ed and I after Ava is in bed because he is not tired.  Probably because he is napping for 2-3 hours in the afternoon...something I guess I need to stop.  But what exhausted Mommy in their right mind whats to wake up a sleeping toddler in the middle of the afternoon?  Not me. 

So anyhow, the last 2 Mondays, I come home from spin class, check on Ava (fast asleep) and then go into Cameron's room to find him sitting in his crib in the dark, sucking his thumb and playing with 'inky' (blankie).  He gets SO happy to see me..."Mommy, back!!!"  Last week I took him out of his crib and put him in my bed and (this is bad) turned on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for him while I took a quick shower.  So of course when he saw me last night he said "Mommy, back!!!".  "Nannie, go home. Mommy's bed.  Mickey.  Shhhhhh (putting his finger over his lips).   Please?"

I know it sounds all wrong...taking your child back out of the crib and then turning on a TV show!  But he is irresistible lately, and after my shower I snuggle with him under the covers until the 20 minute show is over.  He is never happy to go back to bed, but that extra 30 minutes with him is so worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment