The bad (or expected I guess):
I'm actually surprised we got through almost an entire year of 4-year-old preschool before I've had to listen to it. For the past 2 weeks now I hear a lot about 'poo-poo and pee-pee' from Ava. UGH. I knew it was going to happen, it seems like all kids use the phrase 'poo-poo head' at some point. The book says to ignore...I do...but it's so hard. I really hope the novelty wears off real soon. Unfortunately, now that Cameron's vocabualry is growing he has to try out these 'new' words too.
The good:
Cameron now will attempt to verbally identify almost anything...finally. He still only puts 2 words together, but his vocabulary has greatly expanded over the last 2 weeks (which offsets the potty talk!). He seems to be happier lately, maybe because we can finally understand what he wants. And yesterday he expressed his first emotion. He said 'sad Mommy, sad' after the iPad ran out of juice...hehe. Guess he has to start somewhere :)
So funny! You have made it this far without the poop and pee commentary? Are you kidding me!? Wyeth loves to talk about poop. In fact that is the one sureway to make him smile! He even requests that I sing songs about poop! I'm not kidding. We haven't put together "poo poo head" in our family but ours is worse. Wyeth and Seren will call things STUPID when they get frustrated! As in "stupid swing!" It is horrifying. Good reminder to try to ignore it. Still...that is hard too. Go Cameron for talking! He is going to take off now, I know it!
ReplyDeleteahhh...so that's where Ava has also learned 'stupid'. Just kidding :) They have been fascinated by poop when we are out on walks (dog...any animal elimination along our trail)...but the lovely 'pee-pee head' just started :(. Oh well.
ReplyDelete