The last week of preschool. I'm having such a hard time with this, and I know Ava is too! The last two weeks have been rough for her. She knows there is a change coming, but just can't figure it all out. She knows that 'next year' she will be separated from all of her wonderful preschool friends...she just doesn't really get when 'next school year' is. She's agitated and very moody at home which apparently is all normal with this transition.
I talked to her teacher last week and she said she senses Ava has been more anxious at school. If Ava arrives in the morning before her 2 best buddies she continuously asks the teachers when/if they will be coming that day. It's her security. The good thing is there have been some extra fun end-of-school activites that have taken her mind off of the upcoming transition.
We celebrated her summer birthday last week at school.
This was a very big event for her because it was the first time I had been in the classroom this year. She was SO excited for me to come in and bring cupcakes that we made together the day before. She was just as excited to pick out that gold crown and then choose a trinket from the treasure box (she chose a white beaded necklace and a super ball).
Today the class had Olympic/Beach Day. They had a few 'races', tug-of-war against the parents and then all received gold medals for their efforts...hehe. They had popsicles, a sprinkler, and water balloons. What fun!
Three wonderful years at BP...I can't believe it's almost over.
I loved this recap. I have to say that some people embrace change more than others. My mom has always said that I don't do "well" with change. That is just who I am. Maybe Ava falls into the same category? But you are helping Ava through it. This isn't easy stuff, that's for sure! So glad that you guys are part of our lives!
ReplyDelete