For probably the last 2 years Ed and I have discussed (I have obsessed) over where we should send the kids to school. Should it be private or public. Should we move to a different school district since two other school districts are only minutes away. I have spent hours and hours weighing all of the options for private vs. public, I called neighbors in Green Valley and questioned them on their public and private school experiences. So, I'll just say it wasn't easy to come to the decision that we did.
Ed and I both went to small public schools and I'm a public school advocate. But with the local public schools graduating class sizes close to 900 that scared me. Maybe Ava would love a big school, with lots of variety and extracurricular options. I want her to be exposed to many different people and unique experiences. But at the same time she is only 4!!! At this point in the game we do not know if we are making the best decision for the kids, we can only wait and see. But after two years of agonizing over this, we applied to a private school right behind our house (how convenient). Ed and I toured the school privately, then attended the open house and were more than impressed. We left the open house with our decision made. We filled out the application, Ava spent a morning in the Kindergarten class, went through 'testing', and now we are waiting for the school to make their final decision on her acceptance.
This is Kindergarten we are talking about, but I feel like we are waiting for college acceptance letters to show up in the mailbox. Crazy. I hope this all works out, I feel both kids will get a wonderful education at this school, but I also don't doubt that they would do just fine in public school too. Only time will tell. We made our decision, I feel like a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders. We have no 'plan B'...after two years of mulling over this you would think we would. So, keeping my fingers crossed we hear good news and more importantly, hoping this is a good fit for Ava. More than anything, I just want her to be happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment