Two months ago I discovered I had a hernia after shoveling some heavy ice/snow in the driveway. I'm pretty sure I actually had the hernia during both of my pregnancies, causing so much of the discomfort I had from about 5 months on, but now I could actually see it, and it was confirmed by my physician. So, I scheduled to have it repaired last Friday.
Scheduling a simple doctors appointment in our household is a major task, let alone scheduling surgery. Mom was going to be able to come for several days to help and Ed knew he would at least be home the day of the surgery. And that's what happened. Ed literally came home from a show on Thursday afternoon, took me to the hospital Friday for the surgery, and left Saturday for San Diego. It's what he does, it's what he has to do and I understand it...it's just hard...and I can't deny that. The surgery went fine, waking up from the anesthesia did not go so well. I was dizzy, sick to my stomach, and very, very sleepy. I finally came home around 9 p.m., 8 hours after the 'minor' surgery.
Mom is completely exhausted after taking care of both kids and helping me over the last 48 hours. I had a lot of pain for the first 24 hours and was zero help, now I'm starting to feel better and was capable of helping with the kids a little more today, but still have not attempted to lift Cameron. Ava has been very worried about me, asking me if my belly hurts. She went to the drug store with Mom yesterday to get me some cough drops and she wanted to get me a card and gift so I would 'feel better'. So cute. Mom said wanted to pick out a 'special card with special flowers' on it. Then she picked out some hand cream and wrapped it up in wrapping paper when she got home. She was so proud of herself.
I hope this recovery is quick because Mom needs to leave soon and I know I will be on my own again. Raising kids with no family in the immediate area is really challenging at times. I've made it this far and I am lucky to have Mom less than 2 hours away so I can't complain. Just can't wait 'til I'm back 100%.
No comments:
Post a Comment