Saturday, July 14, 2012

Girl Drama

If I thought growing out bangs would be this much work I would not have suggested it.  Oh my.  I've bought her barrettes, head bands, clips of all sizes, you name it, I got it.  Of course the only thing she picks out of the get-my-hair-out-of-my-face pile this week are the same 2 clip barrettes she's had for a few years. She parts the bangs in the middle and clips them back, then takes them out, cries about how it looks, and puts the barrettes back in.  She proceeds to do this 10 times (or more) all while I'm trying to get her out the door for camp.  By the time she is actually in the car she is in full meltdown, all over her stupid bangs.  It's funny how when you are (almost 6), if your mom fixes your hair, and it looks really cute (I twisted the bangs back into clips) according to her it looked horrible and 'everyone will make fun of me'.  Really?  But the barrettes you just slapped in and out of your hair 10,000 times look better? 

I won't win this battle and it's something I'll let go.  As her hair grows out, I'll let her style it.  I know it could be much worse.

Our second 6 year old drama is over a swimsuit.  She wants a swimsuit that shows her belly button.  A tankini is fine, but NO little bikini for a 6 year old.  Not our style and it doesn't fit her body type, I don't care how 'young' she is.  Luckily summer is already 1/2 over and there are not many suits left in the store.  She has plenty to get her through the season.  Hopefully I can get out of this battle but it's probably a preview of what's to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment