Monday, March 24, 2014

Christmas Part 2

Wow...I'm so far behind on the blog.  I think it's been this very LONG winter that never seems to end.  Instead of sitting down to blog at night it seems that I sit and snack.

I have to finish writing about Christmas and the holiday break however I already forget so much about it.  I do know this, break was tolerable this year thanks to a few good gifts that Santa dropped off, and a 4 day trip to the Poconos to break up the 2 1/2 weeks.

But back to Christmas.  We stayed home again this year and the plan was for Mimi to spend Christmas with us however because we were at her house at few days earlier, and took our stomach bug germs there, she got the bug after we left and was too sick to join us Christmas day.   We had our normal Christmas Eve traditions.  We waited for Santa to come by on the fire truck.  I think we made a fire in the outside pit (ugh...can't even remember what happened 3 months ago!).  The kids put out carrots and cookies and Ava wrote a note.  Both were sad that Sparkles the elf would not be returning after that night.  They seemed to be more concerned and upset about that then anything else.

They went to bed just fine, but Cameron was concerned about Santa coming into the house during the night while we were sleeping.  It really is a scary thought, I'm surprised I was never worried about it when I was small.  We told them they needed to stay in bed until 7 a.m. the next morning...and they did!  Ava woke Cam up at 7, we have great video footage of their first 2-3 minutes that morning, running down the stairs...so excited.  Nothing beats those first 5 minutes on Christmas morning.  It's the best.

This is what happiness looks like after Ava opened a gymnastics mat.


That mat and Cameron's Lego sets and 3DS got us through the rest of the day.  I never saw a child do so many cartwheels, handstands, walk-overs, and round-offs and still be able to stand up when the day was down.  The best part of this Christmas was that Ava was happy, so happy.  If I remember nothing else, I will remember that.




No comments:

Post a Comment