Christmas is one week away! We got the real tree last weekend and decorated it. Cameron really only wanted the tree up so we could put the train around the tree. He asked 150 times after waking up on Sunday morning to put up the train. So the train was up by 9 a.m. Then it would not work and he cried and cried. Finally daddy got the thing fixed and it's been running well.
Both kids love coming downstairs in the morning to hunt for Sparkles the elf, and open their advent calendars. We had a problem 2 weeks ago where they kids came down by themselves and opened their calendars and then suddenly the following day chocolates were missing out of windows, but only on Cameron's calendar. Cam is at the age (and has the personality to tell the truth) that he really won't lie. He says he did not eat ahead....SO...that leaves the chocolate thief to most likely be Ava. She denies this of course, but we know better :) I had to go out and buy him a new calendar because many of his chocolates were missing. *sigh*
One side note from this week was that there was a mass shooting of 1st grade students in Newtown, CT last Friday morning. I had breakfast with a friend and when I returned home and looked at the computer the first words I see were shooting at an elementary school in NEWTOWN! My heart briefly stopped. 20 small children, all the age of Ava. It's been a very sad and scary few days.
On a brighter note, I've been sick for 2 days with strep throat. I guess it's better that it happened now and not over Ava's 13 day break from school which starts tomorrow at noon! I'm slowing recovering, starting ABX today.
Ending with a few funnies...
1. Cameron gave Ava a big hug last week and said 'mommy, I hear her heart beeping! Can you hear my heart beeping too?'
2. Last night Cam and I were reading a book and in the book a cement truck was sleeping. The illustrator drew "ZZZZ" coming from the truck to show he was sleeping. Cam asked what that was and I explained. He's response: No fair! Why can't letters come out of my mouth when I snore like that. Watch mommy (pretends to snore) no letters are coming out!"
No comments:
Post a Comment