Here's what they are up to:
Cameron. I don't even know what to say about him lately other than the whining and crying about EVERY LITTLE THING is out of control. I spend lots of time during the day trying to figure out what it may be. Is he not feeling well (no signs of sickness are present). Does he not sleep well at night? Is he tired? Is his diet of crackers, American cheese and OJ lacking in so many important vitamins and minerals that his little body is craving, he just feels awful? Whatever it is, it's wearing me down. Yesterday we had to run errands, just a few. First stop was the Post Office. We are 2 steps inside the door and he is asking for a lollipop. I tell him there are no pops at the PO. Wailing starts...he wants a pop NOW. I have to mail a package. There were so many shipping options the clerk was trying to tell me about, but I heard none of them over the screaming for a freaking lollipop. I picked one, paid for it, (it was the wrong choice...hope it arrives on time) and left with steam shooting out of my red ears.
Is it the time of the year? When Ava was 2, 3, and then 4 she would fall apart every spring. I probably already mentioned this before. But she would be horrible for several weeks in the spring. I thought it was the 1/2 age...2 1/2, 3 1/2....life was just harder for her to adapt during that time. But then last year I wondered about pollen and allergies. Could there be something in the air or just another frustrating phase he needs to work though.
His diet: American cheese on Triscuts, peanut butter on graham crackers, OJ, vanilla ice cream, and an occasional Kashi cereal bar (guess he's finally getting sick of those).
Play: He can ride his trike all around the block. He can hit tennis balls w/ his racket and he can whack a golf ball pretty darn far! Trains are still the toy of choice, he can never have too many engines. He's begging for Henry and Gordon. They are his if he would only pee in the potty!!
He knows all of his shapes. Counts to 10 in Spanish and 20+ in English.
Still in diapers and no interest in the potty. Once school is over the potty training will start. I'm dreading every minute.
Ava: So far this spring things have remained calm with her. As mentioned above, this time of year has always been rough for her. But for the most part she is keeping it together. She has taught herself to burp on command. We could not be more proud of this accomplishment. And her Spanish is improving...she knows the word for butt now. Spanish 3 days a week and that is what she comes home with. Our money well spent. Oy...
She continues to play tennis once a week and is getting much better. I'm excited to take her out to the courts soon and hit some balls to her. Swimming once a week as well, just a month off right now to make sure her incisions are nicely healed.
Socially, there is always a little drama in school, but nothing too major. Someone won't play with her or let her into the group. OR another friend is too clingy and doesn't want her to play with another friend. And this is Kindergarten? Luckily she tells me about the drama and moves past it quickly, not dwelling on it. I talked to her teacher last week to make sure she was still on track with reading, writing, math, etc. She is...I don't think she is one of the stronger readers in her class and this bothers her. I know she will catch up, I just always have the thoughts in the back of my head of "should we have repeated preK this year and started K next year". But I have tons of confidence in her K teachers and they feel things are fine.
The kids fight constantly, and then at times play great together (but it is always followed by another fight). Cameron antagonizes. A LOT. His current taunts are this..."na-na, a goo-goo, I don't like you!", "I don't like you 'cause you so mean." He sings both with a big smile on his face. Pure fighting words.
No comments:
Post a Comment