Tuesday, March 20, 2012

School Stuff

Right before spring break the kindergarten classes and the 1st grade classes at NFS put on a school performance called Squirm!, a wiggly, giggly, squiggly musical.  Ava brought home her lines that she needed to memorize about 6 weeks before the performance, and she has been signing the songs probably a month prior to that.  She was SO excited that she would have speaking parts in a microphone!  Everyone wound have a few lines to say.  Ava and her dad rehearsed over and over and she got it much quicker than I expected.  I still could not imagine 40+ kids signing and dancing to 6 songs and all memorizing their speaking lines on top of it.  The performance was amazing!!!  I watched and just could not believe these were 5,6, and 7 year olds!


I love that the kids have an opportunity to speak in front of an audience at such an early age.  Hopefully this will start to build confidence for the years to come of class reports and presentations.  Her shining moment:


She started to get nervous and pull up her shirt....luckily it didn't come up much further :)

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! Awesome! So glad to hear this! What great exposure to public speaking! So awesome. And the braids? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete