Sunday, June 22, 2014

Summer Week 1

We made it through week 1 of summer vacation.  Ava had gymnastic camp at the NAC and Cameron did 1/2 day 'Boys will be Boys' NAC camp.  He was excited to go which I was happy about.  His camp was only 2 1/2 hours and really was not long enough for him...or me.  He is ready and needs more.  Our afternoons together were not so hot.  I tried to entertain him, but he is bored at home.  We spent one afternoon at the pool where he told me I looked like a 'big fat zebra with boobies' in my black and white swimsuit.  Nice.  Little kids always have a crazy way of staying things!

Daddy left Friday on a 9 day trip so we had a busy weekend out of the house to keep everyone out of trouble.  Saturday afternoon we visited with some friends, and Saturday evening we had friends over to our house for a little slip and slide party.  The kids had a great time, full of grass and mud.  We ate pizza and ice cream cake and said our good-byes to great friends who are moving away.



On Sunday the kids and I went with friends to the Trenton Thunder baseball game. 


Notice the popcorn AND cotton candy!!!

Surprisingly Ava seemed to enjoy the game more than Cameron.  She was entertained by everything going on around her.  They ate a ton of junk food and we left with a hat, ball, and stuffed panda.  Good thing the tickets were cheap.  We went back and had more pizza and played with friends before ending the first official weekend of the summer.

1 comment:

  1. Patty! I miss you guys! I forgot about blogging and just was looking at your blog after I updated mine. Everyone looks great. I loved the update on Ava and the puzzles and gymnastics! GO HER! That is just awesome. Can you believe we are just weeks away from having another year DONE? I need to keep blogging to just remember it all. So glad to read that Ed is done with travel. AWESOME. Know I think about you. Wish we could do coffee!

    ReplyDelete