Wednesday, December 4, 2013

SURPRISE



Cameron is 5!  Over the weekend we celebrated his birthday a few days early in Lancaster with family.  His big request was that he wanted a surprise birthday party.  I told him how surprise parties usually happen, but he wasn't having any of it.  He just wanted us to all hide and when he walked into the room, we were to yell SURPRISE!

This really will be one of the cutest birthday parties he will ever have.  When it was time for cake and presents, at his request, we all moved into the living room and hid behind furniture and behind walls.  He waited out in the kitchen, alone.  We told him we were ready and he walked into the room and we yelled SURPRISE.  Even though he dropped his head and ran to me without looking at anyone...he loved it!  It was just the party he wanted.

Gifts this year were a 2-wheeled scooter, Legos, Hex bugs and track, a Transformer, and a few other odds and ends.  He took pound cake cupcakes (he loves pound cake) on Monday, his actual birthday, and after both the party with family and his actual birthday he told me at bedtime, "This was the best day I ever had!"


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore this post. I doubt that Cam misses Wyeth but Wyeth does continue to chat about Cam. He senses that Cam isn't around at BP. This is adorable birthday!! What a sweet idea he had- and I'm so so glad you guys could carry it off. Love it!

    ReplyDelete