They were both up and ready to go on the first day. Cameron was even more excited than I expected. I parked in the parking lot and walked them to the carpool door rather than try to rush through the normal drop off lane. Ava kept telling me to stop following them because she knew this was her big job...to be the big sister and walk him to his room. Hand in hand they walked down the halls to his preK room. I did follow, far behind, Cameron never saw me. Ava got praise at every turn by the teachers who were planted in the halls to guide the kids to their new classrooms. For now, she loves her new 'job'. Today will be a new test when I pick them both up at after school carpool. Cameron has had 1/2 days for the first two days of school.
Ava seems happy to be back, but not a ton of emotion from her. Cameron really likes it, I can tell. It's all new and exciting and he feels like a big guy going to his big sister's school. Hope it all lasts! Next Monday will be the first test after a weekend off.
No comments:
Post a Comment