Daddy left today for an 11 day trip overseas. Cameron was so sad, crying and hugging Ed, it was heartbreaking to the point that daddy started to cry too! Ava was sad, then angry when he left. But she went straight to her art desk to write down her feelings which is really a great step in expressing herself, any way we can get it, we'll take it. This is what she wrote down...
"You look up at me Daddy, I will look up at you Daddy" referring to him up in the airplane.
This could (fingers crossed) be one of the last big trips since daddy is going to be taking on a new position at work, one that requires him to be in the local office much more! It will be a big change for me, but I think it will be wonderful for the kids and for our family. Time will tell...but these sad good-byes are something I will never miss.
No comments:
Post a Comment