Friday, September 14, 2012

Back to school.

School started for Ava last week.  She was excited to go back but at the same time anxious/nervous about a new teacher and classroom.  She continues to have such a difficult time with transitioning back into a different routine and just really misses her teacher from the previous year (whether it was preschool or kindergarten).  I, on the other hand, was SO happy to get the break and I knew even though she was anxious, it still had to be better than those end of the summer days at home with nothing exciting to do.

Big hugs from Cameron before she headed out the door.

All ready...

Here we go...





Cameron really missed her and that was the first thing he said to her when she got into the car at the end of the day..."Ava, I really missed you!".  Too cute!

She just finished the 2nd week of school and it continues to be difficult for her.  Many mornings she is crying on her way out the door.  I hope over the next 2-3 weeks she can settle in.  She started back up with swimming lessons on Wednesdays and Gymnastics on Thursdays which she LOVES. 

Now Cameron.  He started school this past Monday.  He was surprisingly really excited to go, especially since he gets to go to lunch bunch this year.  This is apparently his favorite part of the day (not the eating, just the socializing I think).  He refused to let me photograph him on his 1st day.  He literally ran from the camera.  This is the only shot I got from my phone while he was making sure his lunch was packed correctly:


He doesn't necessarily want to leave the house in the a.m. to go to school but once he is there he loves it.  This morning, after I said it was time to get ready for school he said to me..."Again?  I have to go to school again?  Why do I have to keep going over and over and over?"  His teacher told me me talks
a lot and wants to talk to her and wants her to listen to him a lot.  So, things to work on!!!  He also really likes his girlfriend K from last year and tells me, "I don't play with her, not today, but she smiles at me...just smiles Mom!"

 I hope they both have a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment